Our Mission: The editorial mission of DeniseAustin.com is to provide accurate, timely, and reliable information about the book and program, with the goal of helping people improve their health and well-being and achieve a healthy weight. The Web site's editorial team maintains complete editorial independence and control over content, and no advertisers are permitted to change content or to influence the selection of content (see Advertising Policy).
Our Team: The DeniseAustin.com editors worked in partnership with Denise Austin in creating the site. The site is published and maintained by Waterfront Media, Inc.
Where Does Our Content Come From?
Our content comes from three sources:
1. Original Content: All of our original content, such as our Q&As, Meal Plans, and electronic newsletters, was developed with and approved by Denise Austin or her designated representative.
2. Member-Generated Content: Through our Message Boards and other member-generated content, we allow members to submit their own material. We reserve the right to edit, paraphrase, amplify, shorten, and/or put member content into conversational form to meet the requirements of copy and layout, as long as the general sentiments remain the same. We also reserve the right to edit or delete posts we deem offensive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that do not comply with our Terms of Service. If a member posts something misleading, we'll make our best effort to identify and delete it, but readers should be aware that member-generated content is NOT independently verified and is not subjected to our medical and editorial review.
3. Licensed Content: DeniseAustin.com licenses appropriate recipes from third parties for publication on the site. A Registered Dietitian reviews third-party recipes for consistency with recipe guidelines.
Links to Other Sites: Some links on DeniseAustin.com leave our site in order to access other sites ("Linked Sites"). Waterfront Media provides these links as a convenience, but we neither control nor endorse these Linked Sites, nor has Waterfront Media reviewed or approved the content that appears on Linked Sites. Waterfront Media is not responsible for the legality, accuracy or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from any Linked Sites.
Corrections Policy: DeniseAustin.com promptly corrects or clarifies content when necessary. Such revisions may apply to any of our original content, including, but not limited to, feature articles, diet tips, and recipes. Any corrections to licensed or third-party content are the responsibility of the creators of that content, although we make our best efforts to notify the owners of errors we become aware of.
Feedback: Please send comments and questions about the site or our editorial policy via E-mail to support@DeniseAustin.com.
Updates to This Policy: We will review this policy frequently and revise it periodically. If we make changes to this policy, we will post the updated policy here. This policy's effective date will be identified at the bottom of this section.
Editorial Policy Published August 2008
Advertising Policy"Advertising" includes banners, graphics, buttons, contextual Advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions. DeniseAustin.com has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on DeniseAustin.com. DeniseAustin.com may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised Advertising Policy to the Web site.
Advertisers whose Advertising appears on DeniseAustin.com are required to provide Advertising that is accurate, in good taste, and otherwise complies with the Living Well program guidelines. The Advertisers are responsible for the material in their Advertising.
The following guidelines apply to the Advertising:
1. DeniseAustin.com has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on DeniseAustin.com, and its acceptance of any Advertisement shall not be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
2. DeniseAustin.com will not accept Advertising that, in its opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or handicap.
3. Advertising must not be related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency, or for illegal or objectionable products (as determined by DeniseAustin.com).
4. Advertisers must only offer products or services that are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that DeniseAustin.com believes could be misconstrued as editorial content will be labeled as Advertising.
5. DeniseAustin.com recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on DeniseAustin.com shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such (in accord with industry standards). Clicking on the ad will link to an advertiser's site. DeniseAustin.com is not responsible for the content on the advertiser's site.
Advertising Policy Published August 2008