I always caution people that there are no quick fixes to weight loss, and that's true. Hard work, time, and dedication are what's needed to reach your goals! It's the only way to win lasting results.
But while slow and steady wins the race, there are still a few ways you can increase your body's calorie-burn rate! Try these tips to keep your metabolism humming at top speed during your workouts and throughout the day!
- Go aerobic — choose a routine with enough intensity to make a difference! Walking, biking, cross-country skiing, swimming, and step aerobics are all great, heart-healthy choices!
- Don't skip meals or snacks, especially breakfast — you'll activate your body's starvation response and actually slow your metabolic rate! Small meals throughout the day keep your metabolism burning at a steady pace.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes — after a half hour, your body starts tapping into stored energy (that is, fat) to keep moving!
- Shake it up — change your workout every six weeks. Your body will have to work harder to adapt to a new routine!
- Avoid alcohol and smoking — both keep your body from burning belly fat.
A few changes to your routine can give your body the boost it needs to keep burning fat. Give them a try today!