PREP TIME: 6m COOK TIME: 8m TOTAL TIME: 14m
This recipe makes 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil, canola
- 6 ounce(s) beef, sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 2 cup(s) broccoli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, less sodium
- 3 drop(s) hot sauce
- 2 scallion(s) (green onions), chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
In a large nonstick skillet, warm 1/2 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and the broccoli to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, hot-pepper sauce, and meat mixture. Serve sprinkled with the scallions and cilantro (if using).
Nutrition facts: Calories: 264, Total Fat: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 169 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 15 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Protein: 24 g