PREP TIME: 20m COOK TIME: 12m TOTAL TIME: 32m
This recipe makes 4 servings
- 1/2 can(s) beans, black, 8 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango(es), ripe, peeled, and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon onion(s), red, chopped
- 3 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 pepper(s), jalapeno, finely chopped (optional
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoon oil, canola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
To make the salsa: In a medium bowl, stir together the beans, mango, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeño (if using). Set aside while grilling the chicken.
To make the chicken: Place the chicken in a shallow dish. Add the lime peel, lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper and rub the mixture into the chicken. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the grill or broiler. If using the broiler, coat a broiler-pan rack with cooking spray.
Place the chicken on the grill rack or broiler pan. Cook 4" from the heat, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part, 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve the chicken with the salsa. If desired, slice the chicken into strips to serve.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 175, Total Fat: 5 g, Sodium: 620 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 19 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 36 g