PREP TIME: 8m COOK TIME: 10m TOTAL TIME: 18m
This recipe makes 4 servings
- 2 pita, 100% whole-wheat, (6" diameter)
- 1 cup(s) pizza sauce
- 1 cup(s) cheese, mozzarella, part-skim, shredded
- 2 ounce(s) pepperoni, turkey, sliced (about 32 slices)
- 1/4 cup(s) pepper(s), red sweet, roasted, chopped
- 4 teaspoon cheese, grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon oil, olive
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Split the pitas in half to form circles.
Place the pita halves on 2 baking sheets. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce on each pita half to within 1/2" of the edge. Sprinkle each half with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Arrange pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 tablespoon peppers and top with 1 teaspoon Parmesan. Drizzle the oil over the pizzas.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove to serving plates and cut into quarters.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 241, Total Fat: 9 g, Sodium: 704 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 27 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 13 g