PREP TIME: 20m COOK TIME: 70m TOTAL TIME: 90m
This recipe makes 8 servings
- 1 pounds turkey, lean ground, breast
- 1 large onion(s), chopped
- 2 pepper(s), red, bell, or yellow, chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, large, minced
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large potato(es), sweet, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 28 ounce(s) tomatoes, diced, (1 can)
- 14 ounce(s) broth, chicken, (1 can)
- 1 pepper(s), chipotle chiles, in adobo sauce, minced (optional)
- 30 ounce(s) beans, chili, (2 cans, 15 to 16 ounces each), rinsed and drained
- 1 zucchini, chopped
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the turkey, onion, and bell peppers, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through. Add the garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Add the sweet potato, tomatoes (with juice), broth, and chipotle chile (if using). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Stir in the beans and zucchini. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more, or until the flavors are well blended and the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 227 , Total Fat: 5 g, Sodium: 680 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 29 g, Dietary Fiber: 10 g, Protein: 17 g