Happy #WellnessWednesday Everyone! If you’re anything like me, the week back from a holiday, you feel super bloated and those jeans seem to fit a bit snug. If that’s you, I can TOTALLY relate! But, don’t worry, there are ways to alleviate belly bloat. Try my 10 tips below, and let’s say goodbye to our bloated tummies and HELLO to feeling confident in your holiday outfits!
1. Eat slowly. Chow down too fast and you can swallow too much air along with your food.
2. Drink lots of water. It sounds contradictory, but drinking water actually helps flush extra fluid from your body. (This is especially helpful during that time of the month.)
3. Steer clear of sugar substitutes. Though it’s not exactly clear why these may inflate your belly, avoid them if you can. Not only to keep your stomach flat but also because some studies show that eating lowcal artificial sweeteners actually makes people gain weight.
4. Don’t chew gum. It’s believed that you take in too much air when you chew gum, and that can fill your tummy. Also, some gums contain artificial sweeteners that are believed
5. Go easy on the salt. This may sound easy, but even if you don’t reach for the salt-shaker, lots of foods have hidden sodium in then. Make sure to read the Nutrition Label to see how much is lurking in your food. The American Heart Association recommends less than twentythree hundred milligrams (one teaspoon) per day.
6. Don’t sip from a straw. As with eating too fast and chomping on gum, you may gulp too much air when you sip from a straw.
7. Avoid too many carbonated beverages. All the bubbles in your glass make their way inside your tummy.
8. Drink mint or ginger teas. These spices are both reputed to help calm a toofull belly (as well as nausea).
9. Sip hot water with a few squeezes of lemon. The hot water and citrus are thought to soothe your stomach.
10. Take a brisk walk or do some other form of cardio exercise. Sometimes just getting physical gets things moving inside your tummy.
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,