Hi Everyone and Happy Tuesday!
Did you know that the average person sits for over 8 and a half hours a day? That’s the most EVER in history which disrupts our metabolism and is bad for our circulation. Sitting is the next smoking. That is how inactivity in time can affect our bodies negatively and impact our health.
We’ve engineered inactivity into our lives, and so we must do what we can to change that! If you rest you will rust! Here’s the good news. Did you know that you can burn up to 500 calories per day just by fidgeting? That is right! Just doing little exercises wherever you can burns calories! Try out 5 of my easy body blitzes below:
1. Pace, walk and talk while you’re on your cell phone or during an office conference call or just chit-chatting with your girlfriend. You are getting the job done while burning more calories! It’s all about multitasking. Turn some idle time into some toning time!
2. Do progressive muscle strengthening. To tone and tighten up your muscles you can do isometrics, and they really work! Tighten (contract your muscles) then release and relax. You can do it from head to toe! My favorites are my tummy and buttocks!
3. Wipe it down. Wipe tabletops in your home or office; wipe a window or 2 and really move your body up and down. House cleaning can burn up to 200 calories in 30 minutes. Clean your house and burn fat!
4. Do jumping jacks during each commercial break while watching your favorite shows. Lately I’m hooked on The Good Wife, Empire and Blacklist. You can burn up to 100 calories while watching television!
5. Pick the parking spot farthest away from the store. Not only will you save yourself the time of driving around trying to snag the closest spot you can find, but you’ll burn off extra calories walking from your car to the store and back again.
Remember, standing burns so much more calories than sitting so STAND as much as you can!
I challenge you to doing each of these body blitzes this week! Let me know how it goes in the comments. Let’s put an end to inactivity together!
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,