Hi everyone! Let’s talk about PMS, Pre-Menopausal, and Menopausal symptoms, and how we can ease them. As women, most of us can agree and relate that neither of them are pleasant. And I know, because I’ve personally been through all of these! We can feel irritable, sluggish, moody, bloated and get an array of food cravings. While there is no cure for symptoms, my nutritional and exercise solutions may help:
1. Keep a balanced diet with a variety of complex carbs (vegetables, grains, fruits) and a moderate amount of lean protein, legumes, and dairy.
2. Exercise regularly to reduce emotional stress and keep your body fit. Exercise may decrease symptoms because of the rise of endorphins (the body’s feel-good hormones). Also, regular cardio exercise helps to decrease fluid retention and is effective in boosting mood in women with mild depression.
3. Alcohol can exacerbate your symptoms. Alcohol is a mood-altering drug that can compound feelings of anxiety and depression. Also, many women have a decreased tolerance for alcohol prior to their menstrual period and this may cause you to get intoxicated quickly.
4. Caffeine can also exacerbate symptoms, worsening the sleeplessness and anxiety you feel.
5. Reduce sodium and salt in your diet to lessen fluid retention. Sodium can lead to bloating, edema, fluid weight gain. Reducing sodium can ease these symptoms.
6. Add just a splash of lemon juice in your water for a natural diuretic.
7. If you experience hypoglycemia or low blood sugar during PMS or Pre-Menopausal with symptoms of fatigue, dizziness, and the shakes, divide your meals into 6 small mini-meals that are rich in complex carbs and protein and low in simple sugars.
Try these out next to help alleviate your symptoms. These helped me so much! Goodbye cramps, bloated tummies and sleepless nights! Need some help putting together a balanced diet? Can’t find the motivation to exercise regularly? I have the SOLUTION! Join my 10 Week, 360° Plan, and I will help you with BOTH of those! Sign up here. Have a great week everyone!
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,