Hi Everyone! Food is fabulous, and I LOVE to eat! But choosing the right foods to lose weight, feel energetic and to be healthy is so important.
Do you know that studies show if people ate the same diet — same calories, similar foods — except one diet is high in fiber and the other is low in fiber, those on the high-fiber diet will lose more weight? That is because fiber is a fat fighter! It removes as much as 5 percent of the fat in the foods you eat and carries waste out of your body quickly, taking unabsorbed fat and calories with it.
Fiber is also a natural appetite suppressant! Foods high in fiber stop your blood sugar from spiking and allow your body to slowly digest the food. The result? You are not hungry, you eat less food, and you lose weight fast.
Fiber lowers insulin levels. A high-fiber diet lowers blood sugar, which lowers insulin levels, and your body switches into the much-desired fat-burning mode. To include more fiber in your diet, consider the following 5 tips.
1. Add beans to your salads, specifically red kidney beans which are high in magnesium (the great anti-stress mineral). Other great ones are black, pinto, and great northern beans. If you need some suggestions, join my 10-Week Plan with a variety of bean dishes throughout the week.
2. Munch on raw veggies, such as carrots and broccoli. Choose eating the fruits and vegetables instead of juicing all the time because it can strip away some of the good, healthy fiber.
3. Look for high fiber cereals, meaning more than 3 grams of fiber per serving. Toss some dates, raisins or other dried fruit or a diced apple in with your oatmeal.
4. Eat the whole fruit or vegetable, skins included, to maximize your fiber intake. And remember not to cook vegetables until they’ve lost their crunch.
5. Eat 100 percent whole-wheat bread for added fiber. Opt for oatmeal or bran cereals for breakfast instead of crispy corn or rice.
The American Dietetic Association recommends 25 to 35 grams of dietary fiber per day, which can help you to feel full and keep your blood-sugar levels normal.
Including more fiber in your diet will help improve your health! Try it and FEEL the difference!
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,