Happy Feel Good Friday Everyone! People always comment on my positive outlook on life. It’s something I choose, and you can, too. Try to make a decision to embrace what’s good about life because I believe that a positive attitude and optimistic outlook can awaken you to so many new possibilities, opportunities that self doubt and negativity completely miss. The truth is that there are many things in life that we can’t control, but your attitude is all up to you. Attitude is everything! Here are five tips for looking on the bright side.
1. Take a minute to sit down and make a list of things you like about yourself, for instance, your great smile, your toned arms, and the fact that you’re a wonderful friend. Read it every day and add to it regularly.
2. Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive and constructive one. When pessimistic thoughts pop up, imagine a red STOP sign and immediately replace them with thoughts that are more upbeat and productive.
3. A person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. But don’t wait for someone else to do it. Instead, appreciate yourself. Appreciate your hard work, strong muscles, and determination to get in shape and lose weight. Respect yourself for improving your body.
4. Replace negative words like woulda, coulda, and shoulda with positive ones like I can and I will. Also, challenge your pessimistic thoughts by visualizing yourself doing the unthinkable. It takes baby steps to reach a goal but you can do it and you will.
5. Laugh out loud and do so often. Not only does research show that laughter is good for your immune system and your heart, but it tightens your tummy as well.
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,