Summer Slimmer Challenge: Staying Hydrated
It’s so important in the summer months to stay hydrated – especially if you are taking on more exercise like you are right now in my Summer Slimmer Challenge! Staying hydrated gives you more energy and helps you feel great – water and oxygen are the keys to feeding every cell in your body, giving you great energy and helping you feel better. Staying hydrated is so important in so many ways. I recommend drinking about eight, 8-ounce glasses of water each day to maintain healthy hydration, especially when you’re trying to lose weight and tone up your body.
Here are my top 5 reasons for drinking water and staying hydrated:
- Calorie Control. Water helps you to feel full, and as a result you avoid overeating.
- Muscle Fuel. Staying hydrated gives your muscles that extra boost of energy to help with exercising.
- Productivity Boost & Good Brain Function. When you’re properly hydrated, you’re better able to concentrate because you’re more refreshed and alert. A common symptom of dehydration is fatigue, so drink up! Drinking water also improves blood flow & oxygen flow to brain strengthening memory and overall brain function.
- Pain Prevention. Aching joints and muscles cramps and be prevented by staying hydrated. Your spinal cord, eyes and brain are all surrounded by water so it’s essential for you to stay hydrated to keep them healthy.
- Keeps Your Digestion On Track. When you drink plenty of fluids you’re more likely to have a healthy colon.
Soooo… how can YOU drink enough water? Try these tips!!
- Keep a reusable water bottle with you at all times – easy to sip!
- Add slices of lemon, lime or cucumber to liven up the taste – or even strawberries, my favorite!
- Start the morning with a large glass of water.
- Every time you use the bathroom, drink some water afterwards.
- Always drink a glass of water after working out.
- When you are hungry, drink a glass of water – sometimes dehydration can be confused as hunger!
Try these out – you will almost certainly feel and see the difference in your skin, energy and outlook when you are properly hydrated!