We all are looking for healthy snacks that are easy to make while also being delicious AND nutritious. I’m a big believer in snacks as long as they’re healthy. They will tide you over so you don’t over eat later. Especially around 3 o’clock, you should eat something healthy so you’re not eating junk when you get home before you eat your dinner. Snacking can be healthy—it’s all about what you choose.
When my kids would come home from school, we would sit down and have a snack. Kids are always hungry. Plus it’s nice to get creative in the kitchen together, you’re teaching them good, healthy habits and having fun, too!
Here are some quick & easy snack ideas that are also good for you, your family AND your waistline.
Give them a try:
1. Life is a bowl full of cherry tomatoes: 1 cup of fresh, ripe cherry tomatoes-yellow and red ones are so sweet and yummy!
2. Polkadot Protein Power: 2 tbs natural peanut butter & celery sticks with 1 tbsp raisins
3. Make a parfait: 1/2 cup of nonfat yogurt, sprinkled with 2 tbsp whole grain cereal and 1/4 cup of blueberries
4. Fill 1/2 of a whole grain pita with 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese, apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon
5. Sprinkle hot popcorn with 2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
6. 1 part skim mozzarella string cheese, with 6 whole grain crackers
7. Hard boiled egg and a tangerine
8. Make a banana split! 1 small banana sliced lengthwise, top with whole grain cereal sprinkles and 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
9. Make a fruit & cheese kabob: take 1 part skim mozzarella string cheese & cube, then thread on to a kabob alternating with fresh grapes
10. Blue citrus fruit treat: 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup sliced oranges, 1 tablespoon almond slivers. Chop the oranges, combine in a bowl with blueberries, top with the almonds.
For more nutrition tips plus great workouts and a community of members, join my plan! You deserve to feel your best! Let’s do this together!