5 Simple Ways to Boost Your Energy!
Are you ready to get energized? If a demanding career or busy family life has you feeling worn out, it’s time to take action. A life filled with vitality, energy, and enthusiasm is within your reach, and I’m here to help you grab it! Get ready to go from feeling frazzled to fabulous! Here are my 5 tips:
- Breathe Deeply. Whenever you’re feeling sluggish, the first thing to do is stop and take a few long, deep breaths. Close your eyes and breathe slowly — in through your nose, out through your mouth — and repeat this until your heart rate slows. Meditative breathing like this increases the amount of oxygen in your bloodstream, which can help lower your blood pressure and heart rate and can relax tense muscles. With each breath, you’ll deliver energy-giving oxygen to every cell in your body.
- Get Up and Moving. Instead of sipping coffee every time you feel the need to reboot, try taking 60 to 90-second minibreaks throughout the day to get your blood flowing. Once an hour, simply stand up and stretch your arms over your head, take a deep breath, swing your arms from side to side, or walk up and down a flight or two of stairs. The science is basic: Moving stimulates circulation, which allows more oxygen to be transported to your muscles and brain. And more oxygen means more energy! You’ll be amazed at how big of a difference 60-second breaks can make!
- Eat an Energizing Snack. If you find your energy dipping midmorning or midafternoon, it’s likely that your blood sugar levels are low. Having a snack will help — but not just any food will do! The most energizing snacks offer a mixture of healthy carbs and protein, a hearty combo that will rev your metabolism and power you through to your net meal. Shoot for the 100- to 200-calorie range, and keep a few of these snacks on hand to ensure you never get caught with a grumbling tummy. Some of my favorite options: sliced veggies with hummus, air-popped popcorn and string cheese, or a piece of your favorite fruit with a handful of nuts.
- Check Out the View. Stress and mood have a huge effect on energy levels, and our environment plays a major role in both. Sitting in an office all day can make anyone feel lethargic, but taking a minute to look at a beautiful view can give you an instant boost. Why? Looking at pleasant scenery causes the brain to release chemicals that enhance mood and boost your immune system, both of which can improve how you feel. Take five minutes to gaze out the window; you can people watch or simply appreciate the birds and trees within view or the clouds floating by. Don’t live or work near any gorgeous scenery? Take a break and look up images online of a tropical beach or a pretty sunset!
- Take a Meditation Walk. Adding daily meditation walks into your routine will do wonders for releasing tension and calming your nerves. Wake up a half hour earlier and take an early morning walk before breakfast, or head outside during your lunch break. This should be a leisurely stroll, not speed walking. Try and find somewhere peaceful, like a nearby park or a quiet neighborhood, and simply soak up your surroundings while you connect with your thoughts. You’ll feel relaxed and rejuvenated…I promise!
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,