8 Tips For A Clean, Healthy Spring!
Spring is here… so what better time than NOW to get started on a clean, healthy spring!? Here are my quick tips for cleaning up your home, your diet, your workouts and more! All are easy and effective… give them a try!
- Freshen up your home with spring accents. I like to swap out the pillows on my couch for something in a springtime color, and buy some fresh cut flowers at the farmer’s market. Little things like this can have a big impact on your mood.
- Clean out your pantry. Get rid of old spices and replace with new ones (you should do this every year, by the way – spices don’t last long!), and toss all the unhealthy stuff you may have in your pantry. It’s the perfect time to Spring Clean your diet – use the info in my Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan for a complete guide to overhauling your pantry, refrigerator and freezer.
- Do a deep clean on your bedroom linens. Wash all the things on your bed – the mattress cover, duvet and duvet cover, sheets, all pillow cases, etc. It’s important to do a deep clean like this at least once a season, to help get rid of allergens and other less-than-desirable stuff that can accumulate in your bed!! If you can, air dry everything outdoors – sunshine is natural way to zap bacteria!
- Make a commitment to eating healthy. Now is a great time to focus on whole, fresh foods – especially produce, since so many fruits and veggies are in season starting now. My Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan has loads of healthy spring recipes, like Avocado Toast with Feta and Tomato, Sunrise Smoothie and more!
- Clean out your home office space. Clutter can lead to stress and less productivity. So tackle those papers, bills and old mail that you may have around. Your new, clean space will lend itself to you being the most productive self you can be!!
- Schedule 30 minutes every day for being active. It can be hard to consistently get a workout in, but now that the sun is rising earlier and setting later, YOU CAN DO IT!! Set your alarm clock for 30 minutes earlier and do one of my fun and effective cardio workouts or a yoga routine – first thing in the morning. Once you have it done, you don’t have to think about it for the rest of the day! You can start a 7-day free trial of my Denise Austin.com membership right now – let’s work out together, and get fit and healthy together, too!
- Do something new. It’s so good to challenge yourself, it really keeps us young at heart and mind! Try a new workout, take a different way to work, check out a new lunch spot, or go for a weekend walk and explore areas you have never been to. It’s so important to keep our minds creative and curious – give it a try!
- Make a commitment to take time for you. Read a book, do a yoga class, take a nap, go for a long walk… caring for yourself and making time for yourself will fill you back up so you have the patience and care to care for others! It’s something we women tend to overlook and de-prioritize, so make a commitment to you to take time out!
Spring is wonderful time to re-evaluate and come up with fresh goals to achieve – I can help you with this, just start your 7-day free trial of my Denise Austin.com membership!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out!