November 15, 2018
Hi Everyone! The dry seasons of fall and winter are upon us, and this means that for many of us, more time is spent indoors – where the air can be dry and warm. Instead of accepting that flaky, dry winter skin, let’s get glowing! Here are some tips to help you keep your dry winter skin smooth and healthy-looking this fall and winter.
Dry Winter Skin Care Tips
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. As we age we need to apply moisturizer to places we often overlook. You should not only focus on moisturizing your face, you should also consider the areas of the body that are considered to be the true age indicators. So when you slather on your lotion don’t forget these spots: elbows, hands, knees, heels, feet, neck, ear lobes and eyebrows.
- Drink your water! Once you start drinking water with regularity, you are almost guaranteed to notice a new softness and clarity to your complexion. Because water moisturizes your body from within, it helps maintain the natural oils in the skin. It also helps the body to pump a healthy flow of nutrients from head to toe. I am constantly sipping water, because it’s one of the best things that I can do for my complexion. I start each day with a big glass of warm lemon water. Give it a try for a week!! And aim for 8 to 10 glasses of water each day.
- Try dry brushing. Dry brushing your entire body – including your feet – will help to remove flaky dead skin cells. If you don’t want to try a dry brush, you can look for a body scrub. Regardless of your preference, once a week, take the time for a quick body sloughing before or when you’re in the shower. You will notice a difference immediately. Make sure to follow up with a good moisturizer after!
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating masks are popular these days, and they can do wonders for dry skin! If you’re using an exfoliating mask, allow it to stay on your face for the recommended period of time. Rushing the process will decrease the benefits, and leaving it on too long may not help your skin look or feel better.
- Try hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid supplements can make your skin look and feel more supple. About half of the hyaluronic acid in your body is present in your skin, where it binds to water to help retain moisture. Unfortunately, exposure to the sun, smoking and pollution can decrease the amount in your skin. Taking a hyaluronic acid supplement may help prevent this decline – it can give your body extra amounts to incorporate into the skin. Purity Products has a best-selling hyaluronic acid supplement, the Ultimate H.A.® Formula! Learn more about it, and even get a free bottle!
For more healthy skin tips, join my LifeFit 360 10-Week Plan! I have info on aging, exercise, nutrition, well-being and more – all designed to help YOU get the best shape of your life! Start your free trial today!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,