I get asked a lot about what my beauty routine suggestions are, maybe even more so as I get a little older!! So today I am sharing my tips on embracing aging after 50: 7 Beauty Routine Suggestions! These are all things that I do or recommend, to help keep your outside looking as good as you can. Give these beauty routine suggestions a try and see how they make you look and feel!
Beauty Routine Suggestions:
- Drink water! Your skin is the largest organ of your body, so it is very important to take good care of it, and drinking water is important to help keep your skin hydrated and supple. So start moisturizing your skin from within, by sipping on 8-10 glasses of water a day. Use these suggestions for jazzing up your water!
- Exercise. I bet you aren’t surprised I included this one! It’s because exercise not only helps keep your body toned and lean, but it increases blood flow throughout the body, delivering oxygen to every cell and organ – including our skin, helping it look rosy and fresh. Plus – if you feel good inside, you’ll feel good about your outside, too! My quick exercise / beauty routine tip I do is take a brisk 10-minute walk before a date with my husband or when I am going to a dinner party – give it a try, you’ll feel and look great! And if you haven’t already, start your free trial of my Whole Body Plan for access to personalized workouts, eating plans and more. I will help you make exercise a fun part of your body AND beauty routine!
- Focus on whole, healthy foods. The more quality foods you eat means the less junk foods you will want to consume. Veggies and fruits are not just good for your body and health, but they are good for your skin as well, providing antioxidants and nutrients that help keep skin looking healthy.
- Keep your skin moisturized and protected. Sunscreen is a must – and it’s never too late to start using it, to help protect against skin cancer, wrinkles and age spots. A good facial moisturizing skin cream is important as well, especially at bedtime – find one that works for your skin type, and use it consistently. And for the body, I like to use extra virgin, organic coconut oil! It works best for me when my skin is still slightly moist from a shower – it sinks right in and is an all-natural way to keep skin moisturized.
- Dry brush to keep skin smooth and soft. Before I shower, I like to use a body brush to get rid of dead skin cells. I use one with natural boar bristles to help exfoliate the skin – this stimulates circulation and eliminates toxins, leaving skin glowing. You can find a dry brush at the drugstore – if you haven’t tried it yet, do it!<
- Get enough sleep. We all know what too LITTLE sleep can do to our looks, that’s why I make a good nights rest a priority: I awake feeling and looking my best! One trick I discovered is to use a satin pillowcase when I sleep – it helps minimize those pillow face wrinkles and smooths my hair. A win-win!
- Care for your hair. Speaking of hair, as we get older, our hair can become dryer and less supple. A good hair mask can help, as can a gentle, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Try not to wash your hair every day, take a break from heat styling tools every now and then, and use warm or cool water to rinse your hair instead of hot water – these simple steps will help keep locks shiny and healthy feeling.
I hope you like these tips for Embracing Aging After 50: 7 Beauty Routine Suggestions! Look for more healthy after-50 tips coming up soon, and don’t forget to try out my free trial – start today and join me in a Whole Body Plan that I KNOW you will love!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,
P.S. – If you missed any of my other “Embracing Aging” posts, click here to see them:
Embracing Aging After 50: Staying Strong & Fit With Exercise
Embracing Aging After 50: It’s All About A Positive Attitude!
Embracing Aging After 50: 5 Age-Defying Secrets