As soon as I hit my 50’s, I really started to think of all the ways I could keep my body healthy – feeling and looking your best should be a priority for everyone!! I changed a lot of things, like eating more whole foods and healthy fats, and mixing up my workouts to help keep my metabolism humming. Since I get asked a lot about tips on looking and feeling your best, I wanted to share some of what has worked for me – I hope you like them! These are simple ways to feel better, every day, so give them a try!
Four Tips to Look and Feel Your Best
- First, try to be positive. It really makes a difference in your mood, your posture, even how your face looks! A positive outlook on life also will encourage you to stay connected with others, which is a wonderful feeling and is so important to our physical and emotional health as we age! Feeling and looking your best starts from within – important to remember!
- Second, get in some form of movement every day. Do 20 sit ups, walk in place for one minute every hour, hold a plank for 30 seconds, or do some stretches. Every little bit counts! And as we all know, exercise helps you glow from the inside out, giving your skin a dewy, youthful appearance, so it’s not only about your physical and emotional health, it actually makes you look good, too!
- Third, make sure you are getting the nutrients your body needs. I eat healthy, whole foods as much as I can – with a special focus on foods that help as we age. I also try to follow the 80/20 rule of eating well (best I can!) 80% of the time, and then I treat myself 20% of the time. A great way to eat healthier is to make healthy foods something you WANT to eat – find out how to make healthy food craveable!
- Fourth, consider using supplements to fill in the gaps. I am a big believer in getting nutrients from foods first, then supplements to fill in the areas that you may need some extra help with. My new DeniseAustin.com Shop just launched, and I am excited that I can now make Juvenon supplements easily available to you! Whether you want to try to promote energy or get your omega-3s for brain and joint health, Juvenon is good resource as the doctors and researchers are world-class, they avoid any additional ingredients, and the quality is superb. Here are the top four formulas in my Shop:
- Energy Formula. We need to expend energy to increase our energy. As we age, it’s harder to sustain those energy levels we may have had before. So if you are looking for a supplement that can help boost energy (plus burn more fat and build muscle tone), check this one out!
- Essential Omega-3. Keeping our brains healthy is a priority, and we should all do the things doctors recommend – stay social, stay active, “challenge” our brains with crossword puzzles and new computer apps. Also follow a diet that includes foods with omega-3s (walnuts, salmon) and consider taking an omega-3 formula, too. Omega-3s are also good for our joints – important as we get older!
- Resveratrol Longevity. A few years ago, it was found that red wine (which so many French women sip on!) provides resveratrol – a compound that supports a healthy heart and blood pressure. Instead of sipping up the benefits of resveratrol, it’s now available in supplement form!
- Juvenon Cellular Health. The world-renown scientists at Juvenon say this formula unlocks the secret of youthful living stored in our cells, giving our bodies more “rocket fuel” for more energy and stamina.
You can learn more about these different supplements in my new DeniseAustin.com Shop! (And remember, as with any new supplement, check with your doctor to make sure it’s right for you!) And don’t forget that any preventive, proactive approaches you can take to living a long, healthy life are worth it! To make sure you are feeling and looking your best, each day move a little, eat a little something healthy, try to smile, give someone a compliment… it’s what life is all about! Feeling and looking your best will come easy when you practice healthy living!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,