Hi Everyone! As we get older – and we all are, each and every day, so let’s EMBRACE IT! – we need to focus a little bit more on different parts of our body, to help protect it. That’s why I focus on ways to keep joints healthy – and so should you, too – no matter what your age! A little prevention early in life will go far, and later in life as well. Below are some of my suggestions for fitness, food and supplements that can help to protect your joints, helping to keep joints healthy and joint pain at bay while still enjoying and active, full lifestyle. Give them a try!
3 Ways To Keep Joints Healthy
Regular exercise can help to minimize the chronic inflammation that can lead to join pain. It can also help to strengthen the muscles around your joints, helping to protect them and minimize joint discomfort. Not exercising isn’t going to help your joints, you just need to help keep joints healthy by making wise choices with your exercise routine! Try these joint-friendly fitness tips:
- Always warm up. It will not only get your body and mind ready for a workout, but if you skip it, you may experience joint pain – especially important as we get older. All my workout routines start with a mini warmup, helping you and your joints stay healthy!
- Mix it up. The same workouts can result in repetitive injury, and can make an existing joint issue worse. So make sure to vary your routine from day to day or week to week, so you are properly working out your entire body. Which leads me to…
- Focus on joint-friendly exercises! Cycling, swimming, yoga and Pilates are all wonderful ways to get the full benefit of what daily exercise offers up, while being easy on the joints. My LifeFit 360 10-Week Plan includes a yoga workout each week – give it a try and see if you and your joints like it!
A healthy diet is so important when it comes to caring for your joints. Focusing on foods that can help to minimize inflammation is especially important, so try these eating tips:
- Choose the best oil. Focus on heart healthy extra-virgin olive oil as your main oil of choice. It has lots of antioxidants which are important for health.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are unsaturated fatty acids that are not only good for your joints, but offer heart health benefits, too. Try adding salmon to your diet at least once a week, and flaxseeds to your morning smoothie – both are good sources of omega-3s.
- Spice it up! Ginger and turmeric are two spices that are natural anti-inflammatories, so add each to your diet to help protect and keep joints healthy.
Different supplements can help to protect and promote healthy joints. I like these:
- Anti-inflammatory herbs. I mentioned adding these spices to your diet, but you can also take ginger and turmeric in supplement form, so give those a try as well.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Again, found in salmon and flaxseed that should be in your diet, but you can also opt to take an omega-3 supplement – especially handy if you don’t like the taste of fish. These have essential fatty acids which can help keep your joints flexible.
- Hyaluronic acid. While I like hyaluronic acid for its skin benefits, it can also benefit your joints. It can help to lubricate and act almost like a “shock absorber” between moving bones. This is important in supporting healthy joints, which can diminish as we get older.
Help keep your joints healthy and strong – start your FREE TRIAL of my LifeFit 360 Whole Body Plan! I have workouts appropriate for all ages and fitness levels, meal plans that can nourish and heal our bodies, and healthy lifestyle insight that everyone can use! Start your free trial today – you are worth it!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,