Happy Saturday everyone! People always comment on my positive outlook on life. Looking at the bright side of life is something I choose to do and put forth, and you can, too. I made a decision to embrace what’s good about life because I believe that a positive attitude and optimistic outlook can awaken me to so many new possibilities, opportunities that self doubt and negativity completely miss. The truth is that there are many things in life that we can’t control, but your attitude is all up to you. Attitude is everything!
Here are my five tips for looking on the bright side:
1. Take a minute to sit down and make a list of things you like about yourself, for instance, your great smile, your toned arms, and the fact that you’re a wonderful friend. Read it every day and add to it regularly.
2. Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive and constructive one. When pessimistic thoughts pop up, imagine a red STOP sign and immediately replace them with thoughts that are more upbeat and productive.
3. A person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. But don’t wait for someone else to do it. Instead, appreciate yourself. Appreciate your hard work, strong muscles, and determination to get in shape and get to a healthy weight. Respect yourself for improving your body.
4. Replace negative words like woulda, coulda, and shoulda with a positive outlook and words like “can” and “will.” Also, challenge your pessimistic thoughts by visualizing yourself doing the unthinkable. It takes baby steps to reach a goal but you can do it and you will achieve it! My LifeFit 360 Plan includes lots of positive encouragement, to help you reach your goals, whatever they may be: losing weight, getting fitter, eating better, or having a better outlook on life. See if it’s right for you – start your 7-day free trial now!
5. Laugh out loud and do so often. Not only does research show that laughter is good for your immune system and your heart, but it tightens your tummy as well.
Let’s get fitter together, inside and out!
Hi everyone! It’s Denise Austin. Today I want to talk to you about being positive. How to have a happy, positive attitude. It’s worth it, I promise. Life is too short to be a grouch – be happy! Here’s three easy ways that I do on a daily basis.
Number one, have a gratitude journal. Write it every night, like what you did that day that made you feel good about yourself, it’s so important. Be grateful for what you have.
Number two, be active. It’s so important to burn those calories, it gets rid of tension and anxiety, it’s the happy hormone that makes you feel better.
And number three, and most importantly, do something good for others. You feel good inside, that way, you can spread the love you have and it makes you feel so much better, I promise. Even if it’s as little as giving someone else a compliment, it does help.
Love you guys! Stay fit and healthy – and happy!