Reducing Bloated Belly: 10 Tips For The Holiday Season
Hi Everyone! Today we are going to get ahead on preventing something that can happen during the holiday season – reducing bloated belly! Rich foods and festive cocktails can lead to a bloated belly, but some simple steps can help you to feel healthy and good this holiday season. Try my 10 ways to prevent belly bloat, below, and let’s say goodbye to our bloated tummies and HELLO to feeling confident in our holiday outfits!
Tips For Reducing Bloated Belly
- Eat slowly. Chow down too fast and you can swallow too much air along with your food.
- Drink lots of water. It sounds contradictory, but drinking water actually helps flush extra fluid from your body. (This is especially helpful during that time of the month.)
- Steer clear of sugar substitutes. Though it’s not exactly clear why these may inflate your belly, avoid them if you can. Not only to keep your stomach flat but also because some studies show that eating low-cal artificial sweeteners actually makes people gain weight.
- Don’t chew gum. It’s believed that you take in too much air when you chew gum, and that can fill your tummy.
- Go easy on the salt. This may sound easy, but even if you don’t reach for the salt-shaker, lots of foods have hidden sodium in then. Make sure to read the Nutrition Label to see how much is lurking in your food. The American Heart Association recommends less than 2300 milligrams (one teaspoon) per day. My 10-Week Plan has a low-sodium eating plan option that may be right for you – check it out today with your free trial.
- Don’t sip from a straw. As with eating too fast and chomping on gum, you may gulp too much air when you sip from a straw.
- Avoid too many carbonated beverages. All the bubbles in your glass make their way inside your tummy.
- Drink mint or ginger teas. These spices are both reputed to help calm a too-full belly (as well as nausea).
- Sip hot water with a few squeezes of lemon. The hot water and citrus are thought to soothe your stomach.
- Take a brisk walk or do some other form of cardio exercise. Sometimes just getting physical gets things moving inside your tummy.
There’s lots more reduce belly bloat tips like this on my 10-Week Plan – I also have healthy, YUMMY recipes, daily workouts, personalized meal plans and more!! Start your 7-day free trial today and get your health on the right path – with me leading the way! You can do it!!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,