Hi Everyone! I often get asked what I do for my skin as I get older, and the answer is: whatever it takes to get beautiful, younger looking skin after 40, 50 and beyond! That includes eating healthy foods, making sure I get regular exercise to keep the blood flowing, following some healthy aging beauty strategies, and – of course – focusing on some extra skin-care routines. So here are some tips for anyone looking to achieve younger looking skin after 40 and 50 – I do these to help keep my skin soft, supple and younger looking. It includes a special discount on my favorite skin care system, just for my readers, so don’t miss these suggestions!!!
6 Tips For Younger Looking Skin After 50
- Follow a simple, 2-step routine that really works! I went through phases of skincare routines that had multiple steps, but then I found Aloe Attiva skin care, and I looooove it. It is a simple, 2-step process of applying the 4x POWERLIXIR Waterless Face Serum followed by the 4x POWERHYDRATOR Waterless Face Cream. The gel-like serum makes my skin glow and look youthful, as it contains 7 types of hyaluronic acids to help minimize fine lines and keep skin hydrated, echinacea flower for wellness and moisturization of the skin, and a plant-based collagen for elasticity. The face cream is clinically proven to keep skin hydrated for 72 hours! And it does … I absolutely love this face cream, as it has goji berries, sugar beet and beech tree bud extract – all of which help to keep my skin moisturized, hydrated, plump, soft and and youthful! I sometimes apply a thicker layer at night as a face mask, and it works wonders.
- Drink water. Water is nature’s way of giving you plump, hydrated, healthy-looking skin!! I aim for at least 8 glasses a day, and keep my reusable water bottle with me at all times. So sip away for dewy looking skin!
- Facials. I try to get a professional facial every six weeks. Facials deep clean your pores, remove dead skin cells and increase your blood circulation, bringing vital nutrients to the skin surface. Ask a friend for a recommendation if you haven’t had a facial before, and give it a try!
- Steaming. One of the best ways to really cleanse your skin is a simple steaming. Steaming also relaxes your facial muscles, increasing circulation and helping to remove dirt and makeup from your pores. I like to use some of my favorite herbs such as peppermint, lavender and rosemary when steaming my face.
- Leave blemishes alone. We all get blemishes from time to time, for a variety of reasons. Instead of picking at them – which can make them worse in the short term, and even lead to scarring in the long term, apply a topical blemish fighter and a little cover up. While it’s not the same as clear skin, in the long run the result will be better. You can also try this insider tip from my favorite facialist – apply an ice cube to the inflamed spot for several minutes to help speed up the healing process!
- Finally – don’t forget your neck! Whatever you do for your face you should be doing for your neck as well. The skin on your neck is similarly fragile and requires the same skin-saver steps mentioned above.
I hope these youthful skin tips help you navigate your way to keeping a youthful glow to your face – no matter what your age!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,