Hi Everyone! While you may be working towards a goal of losing weight and toning up (which is awesome!), we all love a little instant gratification. So what if I told you there was a way to look seven pounds slimmer right now? It’s true! Good posture can instantly make you look trimmer, taller and leaner. Plus, good body alignment can prevent aches and pains and keep your spine healthy!
You might think that your posture is in good shape, but unfortunately, many of us have major room for improvement. Our posture also tends to gets even worse when we sit down and are hunched over a computer all day. So make a vow to work on your posture every day — soon enough it will become a habit!
Practice these seven steps every morning until they become natural for you:
- Lift your upper body off of your hips to add an inch to your height.
- Draw in your abs so your legs move more fluidly and gracefully.
- Pull your shoulders back and down.
- Slightly lift your chest bone (sternum).
- Breathe deeply and let the oxygen flow into your back to keep your back muscles elastic.
- Always pull in your core and abdominals, as you stand tall.
- Look straight ahead and feel like your hair is in a high ponytail being pulled upwards. This visualization trick helps to elongate your neck.
Go ahead — stand tall and proud! You’ll look slimmer in seconds, and feel more confident too.
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,