Happy Wellness Wednesday everyone! Having the energy to make it through a busy day is tough sometimes. Did you know that the food you eat is AS important for maintaining energy levels throughout the day as getting enough exercise? Foods that are wrapped in their natural packaging such as hulls or peels rather than stuck in boxes or bags are the best energy blasters you can eat. Boost your energy and the nutrition in your diet with these rev-you-up foods:
• Black Beans (or any legume)
• Brown Rice
• Greens (kale, Swiss chard, mustard, collard, spinach)
• Crayon-colored fruit (berries, oranges, tomatoes)
• Brilliant colored vegetables (eggplant, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, sweet potatoes)
• Oatmeal (my favorite!)
• Popcorn (air-popped with a sprinkle of salt)
• Sweet potatoes-small to medium-sized, and naked rather than loaded!
• Whole Wheat
Also, remember to limit any refined sugar that you find in sweets and sodas. It may make you feel good for a moment but the crash can leave you lethargic and fatigued.
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,