Winning Game Day Recipes
Hi Everyone! Here are two of my favorite quick and easy recipes for a healthy, yummy game day get-together – and they are easy to make, so you can even whip up a batch today or tomorrow! I have more tasty and healthy fun recipe ideas in my LifeFit 360 Plan, start your free trial and check them out!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,
Super Bowl Skinny Nachos
20 organic corn tortilla chips (if following gluten-free diet, check label to ensure chips are gluten-free)
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheese
1/4 cup diced tomato
2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is just melted.
3. Sprinkle the tomato, olives, and scallion evenly over the nachos. Divide into 2 equal portions and serve each portion with 2 cups Vegetarian Chili (see below) topped with 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt.
Championship Veggie Chilli
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onions
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup cooked black, pinto, or red kidney beans (if using canned, choose no-salt-added or low-sodium beans and rinse and drain well before use)
1. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onions, carrot, cilantro, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Add the tomato juice and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings (serving size = 1 cup)