Hi Everyone! When you’re in the mood for something juicy, savory, and oh-so satisfying, this chicken meal will definitely hit the spot. Bonus: The combo of garlic, rosemary, and thyme will make your home smell absolutely amazing. Try it out this weekend – and get more recipes like this (tasty, healthy and satisfying!!) when you start your free trial of my LifeFit 360 Plan! I have personalized meal plans, healthy cooking tips and more – plus hundreds of easy and effective workouts to keep you in shape this holiday season. Check it out today!
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (or 2 additional carrots or 1 large red onion)
2 small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 small bone-in chicken breasts
1 large lemon, ends trimmed and cut into 4 circular slices
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Prep and Cook
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, parsnips, and potatoes. Drizzle about half the olive oil mixture over the vegetables and mix well to coat the vegetables evenly.
4. Place the chicken breasts skin side up at one end of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay 2 lemon slices under each chicken breast to form a bed for them to rest on. Rub the remaining olive oil-balsamic mixture under and over the chicken skin.
5. Spread the vegetables in a single layer next to the chicken breasts. Pour the broth into the bottom of the baking dish
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165°F, stirring the vegetables halfway through. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes at room temperature; remove the skin before serving. Plate 1 chicken breast with half the roasted vegetables. Squeeze the lemon slices over the vegetables and chicken if desired.