It’s Super Bowl Sunday! I’m so excited to watch the big game, all the great commercials, and the halftime show with Katy Perry with my family and friends. I am torn between the Sea hawks and the Patriots because I love both teams!!! Pete Caroll is a neighbor friend of ours and Tom Brady is a fellow Under Armour athlete. It’s going to be a FUN game! I’m also excited to eat some of the yummy food. Here’s one of my favorites…my Skinny Enchiladas from my 10 Week 360 Plan. I love them and so will your friends and family. I’m taking this one with me today to our friend’s Super Bowl party and now you can, too! Here’s the recipe…
Denise’s Skinny Enchiladas
1 Tbsp. canola or grapeseed oil
1 small onion, diced
1 Tbsp. chili powder (use half ancho chili powder for a smokier flavor)
2 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, shredded
3 cups loosely packed spinach, roughly chopped
8 organic corn tortillas
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with oil spray.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and cook until translucent and very soft, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomato sauce, broth, and salt and cook until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Reserve 3/4 cup of the sauce. Add the chicken and spinach to the remaining sauce and cook until the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Wrap the tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds to heat through.
8. Divide the chicken filling evenly between the 8 tortillas. Roll the tortillas and arrange them seam sides down in the baking dish.
9. Spread the reserved 3/4 cup sauce evenly over the tortillas and top with the cheese.
10. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and broil the top for 3 to 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
11. Top each serving (2 enchiladas) with 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt and scallions.
Makes 4 servings (serving size = 2 enchiladas with toppings)