If your goals this year are to eat better and get to a healthy weight, then find out what I eat to stay healthy AND get recipes from my DeniseAustin.com meal plan! When it comes to a healthy body and mind, diet can be as important as getting regular exercise… what you eat and how you eat are the keys to unlocking the door to weight loss, more energy, a faster metabolism, and even glowing skin… a healthy meal plan should be part of everyone’s lifestyle for these reasons and more!
That’s why I follow my DeniseAustin.com meal plan. It’s simple to shop for and prepare, doesn’t take much time, and the options are delicious and nutritious. You can follow it exactly – especially helpful if you are trying to lose weight – or swap out recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
Find out what I eat to stay healthy, check out the recipes I love from my DeniseAustin.com meal plan (some of which I made over the holidays!!), plus discover what sets my plan apart… and guess what? You have FREE access to my healthy, delicious meal plan right now! Begin your 30-day free trial, and try it for yourself!
How can my DeniseAustin.com meal plan help you? It is:
So don’t wait – start your free trial now for access to your own customizable meal plan you can follow in 2021 and beyond!!
And here is sample of some of my favorite recipes form the plan. These are staples in my home, giving me the nutrients my body craves. It also shows the variety of recipes members can access in my DeniseAustin.com Meal Plan – remember, you can customize your recipes and meal plan to suit YOUR preferences! Start your free trial now for total access, and be on the lookout for new recipes I’ll be adding this year, including my EVER BETTER™ Protein Bites as snacks. There’s always something new happening in my member area!
Breakfast: White Corn Scramble with Turkey Bacon and Fruit
Delicious, hearty scrambled eggs with white corn is served with a side of turkey bacon and your favorite fresh fruit.
1 serving White Corn Scramble (see below)
2 slices cooked turkey bacon
1/2 grapefruit (or 1/2 banana or 1/2 cup grapes)
1. Prepare the White Corn Scramble and plate one serving. Serve with the turkey bacon and grapefruit on the side.
White Corn Scramble
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1/4 cup white corn (fresh or frozen, thawed)
1 cup spinach (1 handful)
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1 large tomato, diced
1. Coat a skillet with oil spray and heat over medium-low heat.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the whole egg and egg whites. Stir in the corn, spinach, parsley, chives, and tomato.
3. Cook the egg mixture, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted and eggs are no longer runny. Transfer to plate and enjoy!
Snack: Veggies and Hummus
Pair your favorite colorful veggies with some delicious White Bean Hummus for a savory snack.
1/4 cup White Bean Hummus (get my hummus recipe when you join, or use store-bought for ease of use!)
1/2 cup red pepper strips
1/2 cup baby carrots
Lunch: Chickpea Curry Wrap
Explore another world of cuisine with this flavorful, protein-packed vegetarian wrap, brushed with spices hailing from the heart of India and a pop of fruit.
1 cup cooked chickpeas (if using canned, choose no-salt-added or low-sodium chickpeas and rinse and drain well before use), roughly chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsp. raisins
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
1/2 lime, juiced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 teaspoon honey (or coconut nectar)
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 cups baby spinach leaves
2 whole-grain wraps (100 calories or less; use gluten-free wrap if following a gluten-free diet)
2 reduced-fat (or part-skim) cheese sticks
1. In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, red pepper, raisins, cilantro (if using), lime juice, oil, honey, and curry powder. 2. Place about 1 cup baby spinach down the center of each wrap. Top with half the chickpea salad mixture. Roll each wrap tightly. 3. Serve each wrap with 1 cheese stick.
Dinner: Sesame-Ginger Beef and Veggie Kebabs
Tangy sesame and ginger are combined with sweet honey to glaze these kebabs, then served with a side of warm quinoa.
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce (if following a gluten-free diet, check ingredients to ensure soy sauce is gluten-free)
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
12 oz. grassfed sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup mushrooms, trimmed and halved if large
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (or brown rice)
1. Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. 2. In a large bowl or 1-gallon resealable bag, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. 3. Add the steak and vegetables and toss well to coat. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator. 4. Heat a grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat the grill or pan with oil spray. 5. Thread the beef and vegetables onto the skewers (alternate between meat and veggies). 6. Grill the kebabs for about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until beef reaches the desired degree of doneness. To serve, plate 3 kebabs with 3/4 cup quinoa.