I love the feeling after a good workout but when you’re targeting different muscles that you have used for a bit, you may feel stiff or sore afterwards–especially the next day.
If you are getting back on track or new to consistent exercise, you may also find yourself with some muscle soreness. Don’t be discouraged, muscle soreness is totally normal. If you are stiff or sore after your workouts, try some of these easy solutions to help you recover quickly. Whatever you do…DON’T quit! Consistency is the key to success. As you are getting into the best shape of your life and working toward your goals, and making positive changes in your body, here are my top tips on treating muscle soreness. Remember, CIRCULATION IS WHAT HELPS HEAL THE BODY!
1. Stretching. Slowly stretch out the sore muscles and hold the stretch for 10 seconds.
2. Use a foam roller.
3. A soak in the tub with Epsom Salts.
4. Do one of my yoga workouts.
5. Massage: helps release lactic acid buildup, which causes that sore feeling.
6. Topical creams that contain menthol and/or camphor.
7. Lots of water to help flush lactic acid out of the muscles.
8. Get enough sleep!
9. Move! Walking it off can really help.
Research shows the best remedy for exercise-induced soreness is to keep moving! By going for a walk or bike ride, you’ll pump nutrients to your muscles and help speed up the healing process.
Muscles work miracles on your metabolism…so keep them firm! YOU are WORTH it!