Fourth of July weekend is here!!! I’m just so excited to spend it with lots of family and dear friends! Plus, it’s my Honey Bunny’s birthday so I’m in charge of food all weekend long for all of our weekend guests!
I love when people come up to me wherever I go and ask me health and fitness questions! Over the years, I’ve been asked every question in the book–from what’s the best way to tighten your tummy after having a baby, to tips on how to have younger looking skin, and, of course, everyone always asks me about what I eat. I am always happy to share my advice on health and fitness! I love helping you all and your stories mean so much to me.
I am so inspired by my amazing online community! I love going in and reading how everyone is doing and seeing how much team members support and encourage each other in their incredible journeys!
For years, many of you have asked me: “How to stay fit during holiday weekends? And most importantly, how do you deal with all of the BBQs and parties?”
Fitness is a lifestyle and to make it yours, it really requires a bit of extra juggling. That’s why I’m a big believer in just 30 minutes a day to squeeze in your workout. It really will positively affect your health and well-being.
One of the biggest things I do on Fourth of July weekend is to have a little of everything so I don’t feel deprived in enjoying the moment. Maybe share that hamburger or hot dog. That’s what I’ll be doing. And I make sure I eat lots of greens on the side. I’ll be making a big green salad and have lots of veggies to snack on.
You need to release yourself from the guilt! We all feel pressed to get everything done in our busy lives and it’s really hard to keep up with everything we want to do and to carve out the time to take care of ourselves, too. As a busy, working mom, I totally get it! Sometimes it just starts with baby steps that are easy to grow into a habit—even if you start with only 10 minutes each day and then work up gradually to that 30-minute goal. By squeezing in a 10 minute workout to your schedule, you will find that it will give you a boost of energy that will help you get through the day, and will help to keep you motivated. Start with 10 minutes then the next week you can do 15 minutes…then 20 and before you know it, you’ve reached your 30 minute goal and created a healthy habit. You CAN find 10 minutes! You need to make yourself a priority because YOU are worth it! And I promise you that you’ll be so glad that you did! You can even start with 10 minutes and then squeeze in other 10 minute moments throughout your day so that they all add up to 30 minutes? That counts, too!
Here are a few ideas for you to get you started…
- A 10-Minute walk before work (if you get it done before the day starts then you’ll feel great knowing it’s already done and you can cross it off your list!)
- Put on two songs and dance away! (Or try my Mother Daughter Dance Workout on my 10-week plan—it’s a quickie 10-minute cardio routine!)
- March in place or even try some squats when you’re watching the news. (Turn idle time into toning time!)
- A 10-minute bike ride with your spouse or your child before or after dinner (spending quality time together working out is a great ritual to have in your daily life).
- A 10-minute walk up and down the stairs. (For an added challenge, try skipping a step to tighten your tushie!)
- Or one of the many great 10-minute segments of low-impact cardio using one of the videos from my 10-Week, 360 Plan (all my workouts are broken up into 10-minute segments so you can easily work some quick, focused exercise into your daily regimen. Start with some abs in the morning when you wake up, then do upper body when you get home in the evening or a 10-minute Barre toning or legs workout—there are so many to choose from to get you started!
Do YOU want to ask me a question that I can answer in my blog? Become a member of the strong and growing DeniseAustin.com community by signing up for my plan! You’ll also have access to all my recipes and workouts and I will be with you every step of the way. I can’t wait to hear from YOU! Let’s do this together!
Love always from Your Personal Trainer,