Hi Everyone! Did you know that the average person sits for over eight and a half hours a day? That’s the most EVER in history – and it disrupts our metabolism and is bad for our circulation. Sitting is the next smoking – that is how much inactivity over time can negatively affect our bodies and impact our health. But the good news is simple fitness hacks can make a big difference!
Did you know that you can burn calories – up to 500 per day – just by fidgeting?! That is right! Just doing these fun fitness hacks wherever you can burns extra calories! In addition to a regular workout routine (start your free trial of my 10-Week Whole Body Plan now!), add in these five fun fitness hacks to help burn more calories every day!
1. Keep Moving! Pace, walk and talk while you’re on your cell phone, during an office conference call or just chit-chatting with your girlfriend. You are getting the job done while burning more calories! It’s all about multitasking. Turn some idle time into some toning time! Try my Fidget-Cisers to help burn those calories – they all add up!
2. Do Progressive Muscle Strengthening. To tone and tighten up your muscles you can do isometrics, and they really work! Tighten (contract your muscles) then release and relax. You can do it from head to toe! My favorites are my tummy and buttocks!
3. Wipe It Down! This fitness hack does double duty: wipe tabletops in your home or office; wipe a window or two and really move your body up and down. House cleaning can burn up to 200 calories in 30 minutes. Clean your house and burn fat!
4. Get Jumping! Do jumping jacks during each commercial break while watching your favorite shows. You can burn up to 100 calories while watching television!
5. Get In More Steps. Pick the parking spot farthest away from the store. Not only will you save yourself the time of driving around trying to snag the closest spot you can find, but you’ll burn off extra calories walking from your car to the store and back again.
And don’t forget, standing burns so many more calories than sitting so STAND as much as you can! (In fact if you are sitting right now while reading this and can stand up, do it! Walk around for three to five minutes, you’ll feel amazing!)
I challenge you to doing each of these fitness hacks this week! Let’s put an end to inactivity together – join my 10-Week Whole Body Plan if you aren’t yet a member, and…
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out!