If you are traveling anytime soon, try this best vacation workout routine! It seems like one of the first things people always ask each other is, “Where are YOU going for vacation?” We have some fun trips planned coming up with my family and I can’t wait! I travel a LOT, sometimes every week, and between packing and unpacking and the go-go-go, I know how tricky it can be to stick to your fitness goals when you’re not in your regular routine at home, so read on for my best vacation workout routine suggestions!
By now I’ve gotten my travel workouts down pat, and am excited to share with you some of the things that I do when it comes to fitness when traveling – including how to fight jet lag! And trust me, staying on track – even just a little bit – will make a huge difference when you get home. You will come home feeling great and with a sense of accomplishment! So make sure to try my best vacation workout routine tips, and for more healthy on-the-go insight, start your free trial of my Whole Body Plan!
Best Vacation Workout Routine
First, let’s talk fitness when traveling. Whether you’re going on a holiday or hitting the road for business, it can be tough to squeeze in a workout. Here are three options:
- Get Out and Explore. One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to make time to get out there and explore every day – I research ahead of time for tips on good local walks or hikes. There are so many apps you can download that suggest specific walks, runs or hikes in places all over the world – try them out before your next trip.Have a power walk and take it all in, it’s a great way to engage your mind and your body!
- Hotel Fitness Options. If you are more comfortable not leaving your hotel, take advantage of their workout room, if they have one. I try to wake up and hit the gym, maybe try some new equipment to mix things up. Even 20 minutes will help to give you lots of energy to get you through the rest of the day, and you’ll feel good afterwards.
- Work Out With Me! But what if you just want to stay in your hotel room to exercise? I have you covered! My 10-Week Plan can be streamed right in your room, for a portable, go-anywhere personalized workout routine you can do right in the privacy of your room! All you need is a smart phone, laptop or tablet and four feet of space. Just pack your workout clothes and we can workout together, wherever you go! And if you don’t have a full 30 minutes to spare, you can squeeze in 10 minutes of my workouts throughout the day when you can – my Plan has plenty of 10-minute workouts to choose from, as well as the 30-minute ones, including barre, yoga, cardio, toning, stretching, or even dance. Shimmy and shake your way to fit no matter where you are!
Now let’s talk jet lag! There are three things you can do to avoid jet lag:
- Hydrate. One is to drink a glass of water for every hour that you’re on a flight. So, for a three-hour flight make sure you have at least three glasses of water.
- Circulate. Secondly, when you land, try and squeeze in 20 minutes of exercise to get your blood circulating. Take a quick walk around the airport or your hotel when you check in, or do some jumping jacks in your hotel room – anything to increase your circulation!
- Breathe. Finally, get out into the fresh air and get some sunshine. Vitamin D does wonders for jet lag and remember, oxygen equals energy!
Most importantly, have FUN! By thinking ahead, you will be equipped to travel in a healthy style and do these best vacation workout routine tips, and you’ll have a great time doing it. You can do it and you ARE WORTH it!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,