Get those white pants out because the good weather, pool parties, vacations and BBQs are here, and I am going to help you get ready with my top 10 fit summer body tips! Let’s get on the path to looking and feeling our very best!
I think that the best inspiration to getting and staying motivated is when you see amazing changes in your body, your energy level, how well you sleep, and how well your clothes fit! When you feel great, you feel rewarded – and are more apt to stay on the right path to a healthier you!
That’s why I am sharing my top 10 fit summer body tips – these will help you get motivated to exercise and eat right, which in turn will help you sleep better, help to boost your metabolism so you are burning more calories, help keep your energy levels up, and keep you feeling great inside and out – no matter what your age! (A lot of this inspiration comes from my 10-Week Whole Body Plan, you can check it out with your 7-day free trial today!)
Fit Summer Body:
10 Tips For You!
- Music is key to getting motivated, so I blast it when I work out! Upload songs to your smart phone or treat yourself to a favorite CD, but only allow yourself to listen to your new music when you work out. It’ll give you something to look forward to.
- Have a non-food reward waiting after a week’s worth of healthy eating and exercise. Some suggestions: schedule a manicure, buy some fresh cut flowers or candle for your home or office, or schedule out 30 minutes of “you time” – curl up with a good book or magazine, take a relaxing bath, or just zone out in the way you like to!
- Find a workout buddy. This really helps me stick with and look forward to my workouts. Every Sunday, I pull out my calendar and call my friends to set up exercise dates for the week. I love that I can stay in shape and stay in touch with friends. If you need some assistance in this area, my 10-Week Plan can be your online buddy!
- Make healthy living a cinch. Put your workout clothes out the night before or keep your gym bag stocked and in your car. These things make it easier to exercise, and just the sight of your workout clothes is a great reminder.
- Hang a calendar somewhere that you can see it often – on the refrigerator, above your computer – and put a sticker or special mark on the days you work out and eat right. Seeing evidence of your hard work will inspire you to keep it up!
- Pick a time of day that you’re going to exercise and stick with it. This way it becomes part of your schedule and makes you feel more committed. It’s like an oath to yourself that you won’t want to break. Without some planning, your day can easily get ahead of you.
- Pick a close friend and e-mail your workout log to her or him each week. When you know someone else is “watching,” you’re more likely to stick with your goals.
- Slip on your workout clothes and don’t take them off until you sweat. This is one of the biggest things I do to stay motivated (yes, even I have trouble at times). The second I wake up, I put on my workout clothes and sneakers because I know that I’d be embarrassed to take them off without squeezing in a workout.
- TV can be another motivator. I like to watch ESPN (with the sound turned off while listening to music) because all those athletes get me psyched up! But you can also record your favorite shows and workout while watching, or use the commercials to do exercise such as squats, crunches, and push-ups.
- Make healthy foods look more appetizing and thus more satisfying. Instead of eating yogurt out of the container, put it in a bowl and alternate layers of yogurt and fruit, or make fish and veggies more appealing by adding a garnish of mint or parsley.
I find that it helps when you have a plan to make it easier so that eating right and working out becomes a healthy part of your regular routine and your goal of a fit summer body. If you’re looking for some motivational support, start your 7-day free trial of my 10-Week Plan. Every day, right there on your smart phone or tablet or computer, I will give you your daily meal plan and your workout for the day, keeping it fresh and balanced and making it easy for you to stay on track, all customized just for you! Whether you’re already fit or just starting out, vegetarian or diabetic, we will work together to create the right dietary and exercise plan to get and keep you on track and feeling great in no time. You can DO it! Life is precious and you deserve to feel GREAT!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,