Did you know that a plank is one of the best ways to keep your tummy flat? A plank engages some of the most important parts of the body, especially the CORE! Plus, it has so many benefits that are helpful to your health!
1. A Toned Belly- Planking will help build your deep inner core muscles that lay the groundwork for that six-pack look. As your abdominal muscles become stronger, your midsection will tighten.
2. Reduce Back Pain- Performing a plank will help ease your back pain because it directly helps strengthen your core. Your abdominal muscles work hand in hand with your back muscles. And holding the plank in the right position strengthens your back muscles, especially those in your upper back.
3. Flexibility- Planks increase flexibility in your posterior muscle groups. The muscles around your shoulders, collarbone, and shoulder blades will expand and stretch (an area that often receives little attention), as will your hamstrings and even the arches of your feet and your toes.
4. Improve Your Mood- Planks help stretch and ultimately relax muscles groups that often become stiff and tense from prolonged sitting. The tension release that planks provide is uplifting for your spirit.
5. Improve Your Balance and Posture- To do a plank correctly, you must engage your abs to stay upright. If you do planks regularly, you’ll find you’re able to sit or stand up straighter with ease.
6. Convenient– Planks can be done just about anywhere! All you need is your OWN body…No weights or gym required!
Plank away today – start your 7-day free trial of my LifeFit 360 Whole Body Plan for more core-strengthening exercises, including ones that incorporate Planks!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,