6 Reasons You May Not Be Losing Weight
by Denise Austin ||
Are you doing "all the right things" but still not losing weight? Sometimes eating right and having a consistent workout schedule just aren't enough when you are trying to lose weight. Learn about some reasons you may be having a tough time shaving off the extra pounds.
- Not knowing your calorie intake. It's pretty simple - to lose weight you must expend more calories than you take in. If you dine out frequently, it can be tough to really keep tabs on how many calories (and sodium and fat) you are eating. Do your research, and try to order meals that are based on whole, fresh foods with a focus on produce - it is naturally filled with fiber, which will help you feel full. It's also a good idea to plan out your meals ahead of time, so you can follow a healthy eating plan. My 10-Week Whole Body Plan has a recipe section and weekly shopping lists to help you stay on track - and you can use the meal ideas for ordering when you dine out, too!
- Not getting enough sleep. Getting less than 7 hours of sleep has been linked to weight gain, as the hormones that are related to hunger and appetite can get thrown off. So make it a point to get plenty of rest - try these sleep tips.
- Not drinking enough water (and drinking too much alcohol). If you regularly drink beverages like juice, soda, and coffee drinks, you are adding extra calories to your bottom line. Make it a goal to swap out soda for water (try these tips for breaking the soda habit), which will keep you hydrated and feeling fuller, longer. Also order your coffee drinks without the extra creamers, and you can save calories by watering down juice - I love to add a splash of sparkling water to cut down on the sugar and add a bit of bubbles! and don't forget that cocktails have added calories, too - and drinking too much alcohol can lead to feeling sluggishness. So limit your drinking to one beverage per day or less - you will feel great and be more prone to sticking with a healthy eating and workout plan!
- Medical issues. Your thyroid, menopause and pregnancy, aging related concerns... they can all lead to weight gain. Talk with your doctor if you suspect there is a medical issue at play - she can help tailor a plan specifically to you.
- Sticking with the same routine. Especially when it comes to working out, if you do the same thing day after day, it can not only get boring, but your body can adjust to what you are doing and you may not get as much weight-loss benefit as when you mix it up. My 10-Week Plan has hundreds of effective workouts - check them out today with your 7-day free trial! I will help motivate you to stay on an exercise and eating plan that can have great results - members have lost weight by following the workouts and suggested recipes, so give it a try!!
- Having low energy. We all go through phases of having more or less energy... seasonal changes, hormones, sleep issues and more can lead to a general sluggishness feeling. I have started to balance that out by taking Juvenon Youthful Energy Formula, a natural supplement that has 12 “young-again” nutrients that give you that energy needed to stick with a workout routine. Learn more about this natural energy-boosting supplement, and see if it's right for you!