Healthy Holiday Recipe: Mashed Cauliflower
*****Hi Everyone! Join me Monday November, 16 2020 on my Facebook page for a LIVE workout and BIG announcement. It all starts at noon Pacific time - see you then!! xoxo, Denise*****
What a wonderful time of the year, filled with family, friends and…YUMMY FOOD! The holidays can be a difficult time to stay on track with a healthy diet, but there are little things you can do to still stay on course. I am a big fan of enjoying your food, which is why I LOVE healthy, delicious food swaps! They are a great way to replace the “traditional” dishes with healthier alternatives without taking away from the TASTE!
So today I am sharing one of my favorite side dish swaps: Mashed Cauliflower! It's so easy to make, and delicious too! I have lots more recipes like this in my DeniseAustin.com member eating plan, so start your free trial now and check out all the great recipes, meal suggestions, daily workouts, inspiration and more that members have access to! And give this recipe a try - whether you use it during the holidays, or swap it out during the year, I think you will find it just as satisfying and comforting as mashed potatoes, only with more nutritional value coming your way!Let's get fitter, together - inside and out,Denise
This recipe takes 20 minutes to make!
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium sized cauliflower head
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated) [optional]
- Fresh chives, herbs, or green onions [optional]
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Grab a microwave-safe bowl and place a splash of water in it
- Add cauliflower pieces
- Microwave for 8 minutes or until soft (microwave times will vary)
- Remove plate and smash and stir
- Add in the other ingredients
- Add garnish of fresh chives, herbs, or green onions [optional]
- Serve and enjoy!