I get asked "How Can I Get Radiant Looking Skin?" quite a bit... this is probably because as we age, our skin can become dull and sallow, due to a variety of reasons. That youthful glow that we used to take for granted doesn't come as naturally as when we were younger. The good news is, radiant looking skin can be had, no matter what your age! It's all about staying fit over 50 - so try these tips to get youthful looking, glowing, radiant skin!
4 reasons skin gets duller as we age. Here is how to achieve radiant looking skin:
- Not enough sleep. Sleep is so important for healthy, radiant skin. I'm sure you have noticed dark circles and sallow skin as a side effect of some times in your life when getting enough sleep wasn't happening. That is why I make sleep a priority in my life... not only for my skin, but to help keep my mind sharp, my energy levels up, and my outlook positive! Try these sleep tips to get a full night's rest - and healthier looking skin!
- Stress. Unchecked stress can wreak havoc on your skin, as it compromises your immune system. This can lead to breakouts, wrinkles and more. Some ways to manage stress include meditation, breathing exercises, helping others and even laughing - my favorite way to de-stress!! My Stop The Clock Nutrition and Fitness Plans have even more info on breathing exercises and healthy foods for your skin, so check them out!
- Smoking. Because smoking decreases blood flow to the skin, researchers calculate that it is second only to sunbathing as a cause of premature aging of the skin. If you need help to quit smoking, talk with your doctor or try the quit smoking tips suggested by the American Heart Association.
- Menopause. Changes in hormones can lead to dryer skin that can be sallow and dull looking.
- Environmental exposure. Too much sun, pollution, wind... all can make it difficult for radiant looking skin to shine through! Always wear sunscreen, clean your face every night before bed, and prepare for harsh elements, especially if you will be working out outdoors.