Resolution: Eating Clean In The New Year
by Denise Austin ||
Hi Everyone! This January I am going to go over some of the resolution questions I get asked a lot, so we can all start the year on a strong, healthy note! Today's topic is about eating clean, which is a great one, since people often try to start a diet or eat healthier this time of year.The good news is eating a healthy diet doesn't have to be a chore! There are some simple ways you can make little changes to your eating habits that are super effective in the long run. Give them a try, and also check out your 7-day free trial of my DeniseAustin.com Plan. It includes a customizable eating plan: you choose the calorie level and your eating preferences (think gluten-free, vegetarian, low-sodium and more), and I deliver up delicious suggestions to cover your breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks - for 10 weeks! That is 10 weeks of delicious food that is actually good for you! It even includes a shopping list so you know what to buy.Eating Clean Suggestions
- Load up on produce. Fruits and vegetables are bursting with important nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Antioxidants are especially important for reducing the risk of many diseases and age-related illnesses. Making produce a mainstay in your diet can also help you lose weight - fruits and vegetables contain a lot of fiber and water, so they fill you up for very few calories and keep you feeling full. Start by adding an extra serving of fruit and vegetables to your diet each day, then swap out a meat option one day for a vegetable option. You will be surprised how great you will feel without having cravings!
- Know how to shop. If you don't how to navigate the grocery store, chances are you will end up with not-so-clean-and healthy food options in your cart. Try these tips for shopping for foods that are nutritious and delicious!
- Eat a healthy breakfast. I am firm believer in not skipping breakfast, but I also know that a donut is NOT the way to start the day! Try these healthy, quick breakfast ideas.
- Know when to choose organic foods. Not all foods need to be bought as organic varieties, but some definitely should. Check out this list of the fruits and vegetables you should be buying organic.
- Make fiber your friend. No two ways about it - fiber is king when it comes to eating clean and healthy. Learn more about the health benefits of fiber, and good sources to add to your diet in 2020.
- Drink more water. Water will help to flush toxins from your body, promote health inside and out, and leave you with glowing, plump skin. Swap out your soda for water every day this week - I guarantee you will feel better after just seven days!