Self Care Suggestions
by Denise Austin ||
Self Care is a popular buzzword now - and for good reason!! A healthy YOU is more than just taking care of your physical health and eating a healthy diet... it's about caring for your well-being, too. Whole body wellness should include a focus on your emotional, mental, and social health. I make my emotional well-being a priority, because it helps to keep me focused and in a positive mood. Try these self care tips and see if they help promote holistic wellness in your life!Practice breathing exercises. When you breathe, you pump oxygen to all the cells and muscles of your body. Breathing the right way will result in an increased oxygen intake that can lead to more energy, less stress, a clearer mind and better health in general. I love this Abdominal Breathing exercise from my Stop The Clock Workout Plan - it is so good for instant relaxation.
- Lie down on your back or sit comfortably.
- Place your hands on your abdomen.
- Inhale slowly and deeply, breathing air all the way down into the lower lobes of your lungs.
- As these fill with air, your lower belly should expand like a balloon. (Keep one hand on it so you can feel this happening.)
- Exhale slowly, allowing your abdomen to deflate as your body releases stale air. Inhale easily. Feel your belly expand again.
- Repeat for 3 to 5 minutes.