Slimming Outfits For You This Fall
by Denise Austin ||
Don't you wish you could bottle up the feeling on those days that you feel incredible? Well, I've come to realize that a lot of those great days for me happen when I feel confident and slim! What we choose to wear in a day is definitely not the only thing that will make or break our day, but it is proven that when we look good we tend to feel good! In addition to what we wear, colors we wear can also impact our mood. As we transition out of the Summer season and move into Fall, I want to share some slimming outfit tricks that I've learned over the years. You can most likely accomplish these looks with clothes you already have in your closet, making them super affordable for anyone! Here are some of my tips for slimming outfits this fall:
- Dark colors. This might be the oldest trick in the book! Dark clothing is great for concealing bumps and lumps that are unflattering. Especially in the evening, dark colors also help you to blend in to the background just a bit more. Making your silhouette appear slimmer.
- Ruching. Choosing a dress or shirt that is ruched (fabric is gathered to give a pleated look) is one of the most simple slimming outfit choices. Ruching hugs your body naturally at the most slim places and accentuates the smallest part of your waist.
- High Waisted. High waisted pants are definitely one fo the trends these days, and I am here for it! The high waist is great at pulling the lower part of your tummy in to hide that muffin top or menopause belly!
- Tuck your shirt in. Tucking your shirt in will draw attention up to your waist rather than your hips, where the shirt would normally hit. You can tuck your whole shirt in or just a quick front tuck!
- Belts. This is another way to cinch your waist in and bring attention to the slimmest part of your mid-section. You can put a belt around a short or maxi dress or even a blouse and achieve that hourglass figure you've always wanted.
- Dramatic neckline. A shirt or dress with a dramatic neckline, not online brings attention upwards again, but it will show off your shoulders and collarbone - which is a fun, flirty look!