Swimsuit Body: 8 Ways To Get Ready For Summer!
by Denise Austin ||
March 15, 2018Hi Everyone! While it still seems like summer is far away, I’m here to tell you that it’s time to GET READY FOR IT - so try these 8 ways to get your swimsuit body ready for summer! If you start now, before Memorial Day rolls around you will have been working on toning and lengthening your body, and firming up your arms, legs and tushie - so you feel comfortable in a bathing suit or sleeveless dresses that show off your toned summer arms!It takes time to reshape your body and change your lifestyle to healthy habits - but I will be your personal trainer! And I promise if we do this together, you’re going to look and feel FABULOUS this summer. So let’s get motivated to get bathing-suit ready with these 8 ways to get your swimsuit body ready for summer!
Swimsuit Body Tips
- Use Friends for Inspiration and Accountability. Find a girlfriend and plan a regular time to workout together. This really helps me stick with and look forward to my workouts. Every Sunday, I call my sisters to set up exercise dates for the week. I love that I can stay in shape and stay in touch with my girls - my BFF workout! You’re also keeping each other accountable! Make it fun - when you’re not working out together, you can email or text your workout log each week. When you know someone else is “watching” you’re more likely to stick with it. If you need even more motivation, start your free trial of my LifeFit 360 10-Week Whole Body Plan - a swimsuit-ready body in just 10 weeks!
- Create (and Follow) a Detailed Plan. Make it easy on yourself by putting together a calendar with all the details of your eating and exercise plans for the week. This will help you stick to a well-balanced diet that is low in calories and focuses on healthy fruits and veggies and lean proteins - a good way to get to a bikini body! Also mark down the days you plan to exercise, and what you want to do - and then check it off as you go along! It's such a satisfying feeling, knowing you accomplished a goal you set out to do. If you need help with either a diet or exercise plan, my LifeFit 360 has something for everyone - including a new Plan starting this month called Eat Like Denise!
- Pick a Time of Day that You’re Going to Exercise - and Stick with It. Choose a time of day that works best for your schedule - early in the morning before the day's activities begin, or at lunch, or even after dinner - whatever works best for you, but make sure you commit to it. Make a promise to yourself that you won’t want to break. Map it out so your day doesn’t get ahead of you. Remember that swimsuit body season doesn't wait for anyone!
- Slip on Your Workout Clothes and Don’t Take Them Off Until You Sweat. This is one of the biggest things I do to stay motivated. The second I wake up, I put on my workout clothes and sneakers because I know that I won’t take them off until I’ve squeezed in a workout. Then DO IT!
- Work Out Every Part of Your Body. High energy cardio like my Fat Blasting Cardio workout will help you burn belly fat, and my Total Body Toning workout will help to firm up your abs and lift that booty! (You can find both workouts in my LifeFit 360: 10-Week Whole Body Plan.)
- Keep a Food Log. Studies show that people who kept food journals lost more weight than those who didn’t. Also, knowing that you have to jot down what you put in your mouth can prevent mindless eating and inspire you to choose more healthy options. If it’s too much work to do this, consider my LifeFit 360: 10-Week Whole Body Plan - the meal plan is already worked out for you.
- Drink Lots of Water. I recommend eight, 8-ounce glasses of water each day to maintain healthy hydration for your swimsuit body.
- Reward Yourself for Small Victories. Give yourself a non-food reward after a week’s worth of healthy eating and exercise: a hot bath with candles, a manicure (try a fun new color!), or brighten up your house (and your senses) with some fragrant, fresh flowers.