I get asked a lot about tackling that midsection fat - something that can become a trouble zone as we age - so here are 4 ways to tackle stubborn tummy fat! You don't have to accept an expanding midsection as you get older: These four effective tips can help you tackle stubborn tummy fat and love your body. These suggestions are in addition to all the waist-specific workouts available in my DeniseAustin.com Plan! I have dozens of workouts that target the waist and tummy area - begin your 7-day free trial now and get flat abs fast!
How To Tackle Stubborn Tummy Fat
1. Focus on the core area.You don’t have to work out all day, every day to see results, especially if you are trying to target-tone one specific area, like your midsection. I recommend 30 minutes of light physical activity every day, and if you are targeting a specific area, add in an extra 5 or 10 minutes on just that area. Videos like my Core Crusher is a great place to start - add it to your workouts three or four times a week and you WILL see results!
2. Mix it up.I recommend changing up your workouts when you are target toning. For instance, for your tummy area you will want to target the abs, the waistline, the lower tummy area, etc. Working all these different areas will help to tackle that tummy fat! So in addition to the video like the Core Crusher above, add in Pilates and yoga workouts, exercises that specifically target the waist, and more. All these are available in my DeniseAustin.com Plan - I have over 75 ab-specific workouts to help you tackle - and keep off - that fat in your midsection! Start your free trial today and check out my New Year Special pricing!
3. Stand up straight!If you don’t have time to get in a full workout or make it to the gym, you can still work out your tummy muscles. I call this easy move the “DIY Tummy Tuck”:
- Sit or stand up straight (wherever you are!)
- Contract your tummy muscles and hold for 5 seconds
- Release the muscles for 5 seconds