Weight Loss Plateau: 5 Ways To Change It Up
by Denise Austin ||
Hi Everyone! Have you gotten tired of your current workout routine, or reached a weight loss plateau? If so, a great way to stay motivated and get back on track is to change it up! Mixing up your regular routine with a new activity can get you back in the groove, and excited to exercise. It can also help you to reach those weight-loss goals that you set out for yourself. Here are some great suggestions when you are feeling like you need to change it up a bit.
Weight Loss Plateau Tips:
- Buddy up! Ask an adventurous friend to plan a surprise activity or outing for both of you - one that includes some sort of exercise. Or you do the planning, and surprise a friend with a fun outing like a hike somewhere new, a workout class you have never tried, or a walking tour of where you live. The fun, calorie-burning ideas are endless!
- Try Something New. Mix it up! Step out of your comfort zone and try a different type of workout. My 10-Week Plan is designed to give you endless types of workouts. Try a new activity like tennis, surfing or hiking. Changing up your normal routine helps to surprise your muscles and boost your metabolism.
- Walk a new way. Even a simple change like trying a new walking route can make things so much more interesting, stimulating your mind with new scenery. You can also throw on a new podcast to keep you motivated - only listen when you go for your walks!
- Change the time of your workouts. If you normally exercise in the afternoon, set the alarm and try an early workout - you may find a new schedule to be the inspiration you need!
- Keep it short. If you have close errands to run, do them by bike or on foot instead of using the car. You'll burn calories while still getting things accomplished!
- Up Your Protein. Adding more protein into your diet will keep you fuller longer. It also helps to maintain or even promote muscle strength (remember muscle burns fat!) and increase your metabolism. EVER BETTER™ Protein Bites are the perfect extra boost to add to your diet. They're delicious and make the perfect after workout snack or pair well with your cup of coffee in the morning.