Why Stretching After You Walk Is Important And 3 Walking Stretches To Try
by Denise Austin ||
Have you joined my new 2021 2-Week Walking Challenge? It's free, fun and soooo good for you - join today, to lose weight, blast fat and calories, and get in a GREAT mood!! And to help prepare for your walks, check out my 3 Walking Stretches To Try! In addition to getting in a daily, 30-minute walk, stretching is important - it can help to:
- Improve flexibility. Even if you seem stiff at first, if you make it a priority to stretch daily, you will become more flexible and less stiff over time.
- Improve your posture. Stretching elongates your muscles so you stand straighter, making you look taller, leaner and more confidant!
- Prevent injury. Muscles that are stretched can make movement easier, which can help prevent injury.
- A lower back stretch to help release tension in your lower back and lower tummy.
- My favorite thigh stretch for your quadriceps and hip flexors - a great way to stretch the front of your thighs and keep your lower half healthy during this 2-Week Walking Challenge!
- A stretch for the neck muscles to help keep your upper back feeling good!