Once your meet your goals, it's time to get ready to have fun and show off your beach body!!! Here is a list of items I always take with me to the beach – some of the basics, like sunscreen and a hat I keep in my beach bag all the time so I don’t forget them. Others I switch up, like a new book and snacks. I hope this list help YOU have fun on your beach excursions in summer – you can also apply many of these items for when you go for a hike, walk or bike ride, too!
- Sunscreen – refresh yourself on how to choose it!
- A wide-brimmed hat to help shield your face from the sun
- Sunglasses – use my tips on how to pick out protective eyewear
- Light layers to protect against the sun, such as a long-sleeved shirt or a light shawl
- An oversized towel or blanket
- A portable umbrella – especially important if you will be outdoors for a while
- Sandals or flip flops, to protect your feet against hot sand
- A water bottle – look for one that keeps beverages cold for long periods of time
- Heat-proof snacks – I like to bring a container of nuts and dried fruits to help keep my energy up. My Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan has great snack ideas – check it out!
Then depending on who I am going with, I will bring a book or load up my phone with some podcasts (be sure to protect your phone from direct sunlight so it doesn’t overheat!), or some games to play.
Here’s to a fun summer for everyone!