Ask Denise: Family Workouts?
by Denise Austin ||
Hi Everyone! Today's it's another one in my Ask Denise video series: "Ask Denise: Family Workouts!" I love this question! Staying fit as a family is so important, not only for our physical health, but as a way to bond and spend time with those we love. In this video, I cover some of our family workouts and the we stayed fit together when my girls were younger, and how we continue to to this day!If you are looking for some ways to stay fit as a family, I always suggest three fun family workouts that will keep your kids interested and excited to do physical activity.
- Swimming - not only an excellent way to stay fit, but it's so important for kids to know how to swim, for safety precautions. Check out your local gym or parks complex, where swimming lessons are offered if you need them.
- Bike riding - remember the thrill of learning to riding a bike? This is a great way to get the whole family involved, whether you go on a bike ride around the neighborhood or let each family member choose a destination to make the ride an adventure.
- An evening walk after dinner. This is great for the whole family, and will help you to digest your food after dinner. You can create a game out of it and let each person choose a topic to discuss as you walk, or a bird or plant to call out when you see. Even a short walk is a great way to keep fit and bond with the family, or make it a point to visit a state park for an exciting family excursion that including exercise!.
- Ask Denise: How Do I Know What The Right Portion Looks Like?
- Ask Denise: How Do I Find Time To Workout In My Busy Schedule?