We are in the midst of summer, so what better time than now to challenge yourself to get into great shape and get a fit summer body!? It's not just about looking good, but about feeling good! Knowing you are improving your health with each workout, managing your weight to help prevent weight-related health concerns, eating a healthy diet that fuels your energy and metabolism... all these things add up to a healthier you, so get ready with my top 10 fit & sexy summer body tips! Let's get on the path to looking and feeling our very best!
I think that the best inspiration to getting and staying motivated is when you see amazing changes! Increased energy levels, better sleep, and more comfortably fitting clothes! These are just a few non-scale victories you can look out for on your health journey. When you feel great, you feel rewarded and are more apt to stay on the right path to a healthier you!
Fit & Sexy Summer Body:
10 Tips For You!
- Music. I find music is key to getting motivated, so I love to blast it when I work out! Make a workout playlist, but only allow yourself to listen to your new music when you work out. It’ll give you something to look forward to!
- Non-food rewards. Set yourself a goal, maybe a full week of workouts or getting into a pair of pants that have been too small and when you reach that goal you get your reward! Some fun non-food reward suggestions: Buy some fresh cut flowers, light that "fancy" candle you've been saving, or schedule out 30 minutes of "you time" - curl up with a good book or magazine, take a relaxing bath, or just zone out in the way you like to!
- Find a workout buddy. This really helps me stick with and look forward to my workouts. Every Sunday, I pull out my calendar and call my friends to set up exercise dates for the week. I love that I can stay in shape and stay in touch with friends. If you need some assistance in this area, my 10-Week Plan can be your online workout buddy!
- Make healthy living a cinch. Put your workout clothes out the night before so exercising is a no-brainer. This one really works for me, as it's one of the first things I see in the morning!
- Hang a calendar somewhere that you can see it often - on the refrigerator, above your computer - and put a sticker or special mark on the days you work out and eat right. Seeing evidence of your hard work will inspire you to keep it up!
- Pick a time of day that you're going to exercise and stick with it. This way it becomes part of your schedule and makes you feel more committed. It's like an oath to yourself that you won't want to break. Without some planning, your day can easily get ahead of you - that's why I get up early enough to squeeze in a workout in the morning. Then it's done with and I feel great all day!
- Pick a close friend and e-mail your workout log to her or him each week. When you know someone else is “watching,” you're more likely to stick with your goals.
- Slip on your workout clothes and don't take them off until you sweat. This goes along with tip number 4, but is one of the biggest things I do to stay motivated (yes, even I have trouble at times). The second I wake up, I put on my workout clothes and sneakers because I know that I’d be embarrassed to take them off without squeezing in a workout.
- TV can be another motivator. Record your favorite shows and workout while watching. I love to hop on my trampoline, AirWalker or WalkingPad and watch a favorite show while blasting some calories!! Or use the commercials to do exercise such as squats, crunches, and push-ups.
- Make healthy foods look more appetizing and thus more satisfying. Instead of eating yogurt out of the container, put it in a bowl and alternate layers of yogurt and fruit, or make fish and veggies more appealing by adding a garnish of mint or parsley.
I find that it helps when you have a plan to make it easier so that eating right and working out becomes a healthy part of your regular routine and your goal of a fit summer body. If you're looking for some motivational workout support, start your free trial of my fitness app. Every day, right there on your smart phone or tablet or computer, I will give you your daily meal plan and your workout for the day, keeping it fresh and balanced and making it easy for you to stay on track, all customized just for you! Whether you're already fit or just starting out, vegetarian or diabetic, we will work together to create the right dietary and exercise plan to get and keep you on track and feeling great in no time. You can DO it! Life is precious and you deserve to feel GREAT!
Let's live FIT, HEALTHY, and HAPPY - together!!