Hi Everyone! We busy moms all know how hard it can be to take care of ourselves while we’re also giving it all to our families! I've been a working Mom for many years, so I can relate! All the juggling takes a lot of creativity, especially during the summer months when the kids are not in school! I loved my time as a sports mom with my girls. As they got older, lacrosse became their sport. Both my daughters played lacrosse on club teams and eventually earned scholarships to college. So you can imagine, I spent a lot of time at the field over the years and any of you who've had a child athlete know what I'm talking about!During their practices I enjoyed fitting in a quick workout by jogging, or walking around the field or working out using a park bench. That's why this set of playground workout exercises can be a great way to get in your fitness while still playing with the kids! And if you aren't a parent or your kids are older, you can still do these playground workout exercises at your local park. They will help you to promote muscle tone and stay fit!
My Top 5 Playground Workout Exercises
- The Monkey Bar Ab Crusher. This is an incredibly effective abdominal workout - it will help keep your tummy nice and firm, especially your lower abs. Hanging from the Monkey Bars, contract your abs and use your abdominals to lift your knees up towards your chest, and then lower them back down again straight. Try not to let yourself swing too much, keep your abs engaged and your back straight. Your core is the stabilizing force for all physical activity so you want to keep it strong, and this is a great one for building up those muscles! Try and do 10 of these for a flatter, tighter tummy!
- Step Up Slimmer. This one offers up some good cardio while also toning your legs and buttocks. Find a low bench, curb or staircase nearby and start stepping! Step up and down, pumping your arms and getting your heart rate up. Start with your right leg and then go on to your left - alternate legs and give it all you’ve got for a good 5-10 minutes. This brings me back to my step aerobics days - join at DeniseAustin.com for access to hundreds of throwback workouts!! Great playground workout exercises can burn calories, too!
- Tricep Dips. This is a great move to give you sexy, sculpted shoulders and sleek, shapely triceps. You will help to minimize or erase under arm sag with this move! Find a bench and sit down, then move your body out so your hands are on the bench, with arms and elbows straight and you are facing away from the bench. Using the weight of your body as resistance, gently lower your hips into a dip, bending your arms, then straighten your arms back up using your upper body strength. Pull your abs up and in, keep your back straight and try 15 of these for sexy arms, back and shoulders! Feel it in your triceps!
- High Plank Booty Lifter. There’s always a nearby park bench - so instead of sitting on it, use it as a workout bench! This is a great move for toning the tushie and trimming the back of those thighs! Face the bench, put your hands on the seat, then walk your body backwards so you are in the High Plank position, with your hands on the bench. Now, lift and lower one leg up and down, while you squeeze the buttocks. Keep those abs engaged and try and do 15-20 reps on each leg. No more cellulite!
- Pushups. Using that same park bench or curb, find a good spot where you can do some pushups. Pushups are still the best total body exercise for strengthening your whole core and your chest. Simply treat the bench as you would the floor, and do a full pushup from your toes. Slowly lower your body keeping yourself as straight as a board from the top of your head to your toes. This is great for your core, your arms, your back and your chest. Do your best to relax the neck go for it! Can you give me 10?