Quick Tips for Staying Healthy During Holiday Travels
by Denise Austin ||
Hi everyone! Here are some quick tips to stay healthy during holidays if you are traveling. It's so important to keep up with your healthy habits when you are traveling, because it not only make it easier to get back in the swing of things once you are back to your regular routine, but eating well and getting in some exercise when traveling can help to keep you healthy, stay regular, and sleep better when in unfamiliar hotel rooms or guest bedrooms! So if you are traveling this holiday season (and if you aren't use the tips for whenever you DO travel next!), give these a try.
How to Stay Healthy During Holidays TravelsFollow these tips to help you stay healthy during holidays — no matter where you are!
1. Take advantage of your surroundings.So, you don’t have your workout equipment handy... that's OK! That doesn’t mean you can’t get your workouts in! I love taking advantage of new surroundings to go on walks and explore where I am am, or even a hike or swim if I am lucky! But don't forget that you can workout in your hotel room, too - check out the workouts that offer up on my website.
2. Try a no-equipment workout or use household objects.Prefer to stay inside? There are plenty of workouts you can do with no equipment at all. My Whole Body Plan offers hundreds of no-equipment required workouts - many that you can do in a small space! If you aren't yet a member, it's the perfect time to start a free trial and take advantage of all the handy workouts I offer up!You can also do this 5-Minute Cardio Blast: it will give you a quick energy boost in just five minutes with a few simple exercises. And cardio is not just good for your heart, but is a great way to blast some fat and calories, too! To do, repeat the movements for one minute per exercise.
Jump Start for Energy
- Stand up straight with your legs together and arms at your side.
- Jump out and forward, landing in a squat with your feet wider than hip-width apart.
- Jump up and back to your starting position.
Front Kick/Lunge Back
- Stand up straight and kick your right leg out in front of you. Reach your left arm toward your leg and tighten your abs.
- Lunge your right leg back straight behind you as you bend your left knee. Place your left hand on your left thigh for balance. Do this for 30 seconds, then switch legs and repeat.
- For an extra challenge, touch your fingertips to the floor on your lunges.
Football Drill/Quick Feet
- Stand tall with your feet wider than hip-width apart. Bend your knees and sit back into a wide squat. Bend your arms in front of your chest as if holding a small ball.
- Raise your right foot about an inch and bring your right knee up from the floor. Then lower your right foot and repeat with your left foot.
- Alternate feet as quickly as you can, keeping your abs tight and your back strong.
- Stand tall with your feet together and your arms by your sides.
- Sit back into a squat to the right side, keeping your back straight and your abs pulled in.
- From the side ski squat, jump into the air using your arms.
- As you land to the left side, bend your knees softly to minimize impact, Continue to jump from side to side.
- Begin in a plank position, balancing on your hands and your toes. Keep your back straight and your abs pulled in so you form one long line with your body.
- Quickly bring your right knee forward, then quickly straighten it out behind you.
- Repeat with your left knee. Keep pumping, with your knees alternating as quickly as you can.