As we all know, our bodies change as we age ... and for many of us, tummy fat becomes a much bigger trouble zone than before. If you know what I’m talking about, it’s pretty frustrating to see fat accumulating in your midsection much more quickly than when you were in your 20s and 30s.Guess what? You don’t just have to accept your new shape! I’ve put together my most effective tips to help you tackle stubborn tummy fat and love your body. Try these DIY tips for tackling tummy fat!
How to Tackle Stubborn Tummy Fat
1. Less is sometimes more.You don’t have to work out all day, every day to see results. After all, you’re just trying to live a healthy life, right? Most of us are not setting out to become a bodybuilder (and if you are, good for you!). So remember that just 30 minutes of light physical activity every day can help you maintain a healthy life. That is why I designed my DeniseAustin.com Whole Body Plan around 30-minute workouts. It's a one-and-done fitness plan for every day of your life!
2. Kick-start with stretching.I recommend beginning each day with some simple stretches. Stretching can help you release muscle tension, condition your muscles for moving, and increase elasticity. All of these are great for starting and maintaining an exercise routine. Plus, when you stretch, you can help release the kinks in your muscles, improving your posture - which can make your tummy appear thinner and leaner!
3. Give yourself a DIY tummy tuck.If you don’t have time to get in a full workout or make it to the gym, you can still work out your tummy muscles. I call this easy move the “DIY Tummy Tuck”:
- Sit or stand up straight (wherever you are!)
- Contract your tummy muscles and hold for 5 seconds
- Release the muscles for 5 seconds
4. Exercise is better with a friend!I’ve found that one of the best ways to stick to a wellness plan is to work out with a friend or community that's also trying to achieve healthy goals! If you are practicing social distancing when you work out, join some virtual friends and do at-home workouts with me!Also get a jumpstart on your tummy workouts with these videos:
- Quick And Easy Abs Workout - a six-minute quick workout that you can start the day with!
- Complete Core Workout - take 10 minutes and do this complete core workout to tackle that tummy fat!